Kaduna remain lock-down, partial lifting of ban not in-place yet – State
The Kaduna State Government has disowned a document that has been making the rounds, stating that the Quarantine Law has been reviewed and that a 12-hour lockdown is now in place.
The fake document claimed that the lockdown is now from 6pm to 6am, and that interstate travel remains banned.
Several people have called government officials to enquire about the authenticity of the document that has been going viral on social media platforms.
In a statement issued by the Special Adviser on Media and Communication, Mr Muyiwa Adekeye, on Sunday, the government said that “the Quarantine Order remains in force until Tuesday, 9 June 2020 when the two-week extension expires.
“Until then, the lockdown remains in force. The night-time curfew also remains in force, until the government announces otherwise.”
According to Adekeye, Governor Nasir El-Rufai will address the state on Tuesday and will “specify the next steps for the state, which sectors will be permitted to open and the safety guidelines that each sector is expected to comply with before reopening.”
The statement said that “no market, unauthorized business, school or place of worship will reopen until the government makes the required proclamation.”
It will be recalled that the state government consulted widely with stakeholders across different sectors on the guidelines for a safe reopening of the state last week.
Civilian bombing Death toll in Kaduna rise to 85, NAF denies involvement
The death toll in the bombing of civilians by the Army at Tudun Biri Village in Igabi Local Government Area…
Over 150,000 Nigerians applying for US visa interviewed in 2023 — US Embassy
Chargé d’Affaires of the U.S., Embassy in Nigeria, Mr David Greene, has revealed that they have interviewed over 150,000 Nigerians…