Magu invited to answer query by Presidential Panel, not arrest – DSS
The Department of State Services (DSS) denied arresting the EFCC boss. The Public Relations Officer of DSS, Dr. Peter Afunanya said: “The Department of State Services (DSS) wishes to inform the public that it did not arrest Ibrahim Magu, Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) as has been reported by sections of the media.
“The Service has since 6th July, 2020, been inundated with enquiries over the alleged arrest.”
The EFCC confirmed that Magu went to the Villa to honors an invitation.
A statement by the Head of Media and Publicity of EFCC, Mr. Dele Oyewale said: “Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Mr. Ibrahim Magu on Monday honoured an invitation by a Presidential Panel reviewing the activities of the EFCC, at the Banquet Hall wing of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
”He was served the invitation to the Panel, while on his way to the Force Headquarters, Abuja for a meeting.
”The EFCC’s boss was neither arrested nor forced to honour the invitation. A member of a legal team from the EFCC is also with him on the Panel.”
Although investigation reveals he is been squeezed by the Malami led panel over 22 allegations.
Some of the 22 allegations are as follows:
- Alleged discrepancies in the reconciliation records of the EFCC and the Federal Ministry of Finance on recovered funds
- Declaration of N539billion as recovered funds instead of N504b earlier claimed
- Insubordination to the office of the AGF by not seeking his approval on some decisions
- Not providing enough evidence for the extradition of ex-Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke
- Alleged late action on the investigation of Process and Industrial Development (P&ID) leading to a legal dispute
- Not respecting court order to unfreeze an N7billion judgment in favour of a former Executive Director of First Bank
- Alleged delay in acting on two vessels seized by Nigerian Navy leading to the loss of crude
- Alleged favouring of some investigators called Magu’s Boys
- Reporting some judges to their presiding officers without deferring to the AGF
- Alleged sales of seized assets to cronies, associates and friends
- Alleged issuance of investigative activities to some media prejudicial to some cases.
Possible outcome of the panel sitting today will reveal the next line of action to be taken against him.
Labour Union Protest Tag “Ebi N Pawa” suffer set back as TUC Pull out
The Trade Union Congress of Nigeria (TUC) has asked the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) to stop taking unilateral decisions on…
Mechanic crash Influencer Ifeluv Exotic Car after taking it for repair
Brand influencer and skit maker, Adegoke Ifeoluwa popularly known as Ifeluv has cried out over the condition of her car…